Well, now that they have talked a lot about how to do keyword research in our last post, we need to look for the best keyword research tools. But which tools are relevant for the purpose of keyword research? Are they free? Or paid?
So, I have compiled a list of some of the free (and paid) best keyword research tools on the market today.
Note. As popularity grows, many free keyword research tools often turn into a paid equivalent. But as on today May 15, 2020, these are some of the best keyword research tools that are free and premium. If you search on Google and other search engines for a “free keyword research tool,” you will find a number of fresh and modern tools.
Let’s start with free keyword research tools. The ability to immerse your fingers in the water and continue to blog on a tight budget.
Free Best Keyword Research Tools
1. Twinword Ideas
Twinword Ideas is the best choice for free best keyword research tools in the market today. Most of their features can be used for free, but they also offer a number of paid plans that you can look for in the best keyword research tool.
Twinword Ideas: Free best keyword research tool for 2020: Features
- Get access to relevant and related keywords
- Search for the most popular topics
- Get keyword scores based on its difficulty
- Get some suggested titles for your next posts
- Get access to your keyword’s search volume
- Get access to your competitor’s data
Here is an example of a keyword: “Best Keyword Research Tools”, when viewed from TwinWord Ideas:
Let’s move to our next free best keyword research tools.
2. Keywords Everywhere
One of the most reliable free best keyword research tools is Keywords Everywhere, which has been around for quite some time.
Keyword Everywhere- Free best research tools: Features
- Get a clear picture of the search volume of a keyword (monthly)
- Average cost-per-click (Avg. CPC)
- How competitive a keyword is
- Access to your competitor’s data
- Access to what other searches are made for your keyword
- You can also downloadable your keyword metrics
Keywords Everywhere can be simply used as a plugin for your browsers like Firefox and Chrome. So it allows you to get direct access to related keyword ideas and phrases that people search directly from the Google search results page.
3. Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is a free option, it provides information extracted directly from Google’s own search data, but contains a caveat that you must create a Google Ads account (to access the tool).
Google Keyword Planner offers the following features:
- Get access to keyword related ideas
- Advanced search options
- Get access to search monthly volume
- Some more future forecasts related to the searched query
- Some additional metrics in history
- Search for a domain or page (to find keywords) and much more.
Here is an example of a keyword: “Keyword Research Tool”, when viewed from Google Keyword Planner:
Now let’s move on to paid best keyword research tools.
Paid Best Keyword Research Tools
Paid Best Keyword Research Tools offer much more than just keyword data that you can access using the free tools described above. But if you haven’t made much of your blog journeys, you might be a little higher than what you need today.
However, premium keyword research tools will help you fully build your SEO – blog optimization.
If you’re ready to increase your regular search traffic, here is a list of the paid best keyword research tools to help.
Ahrefs is one of my favourite best keyword research tools. It offers a wide variety of powerful ninja features. AHREFS is the best SEO tool for bloggers (not to mention that it is well suited for keyword research).
Ahrefs- Best Keyword Research Tools: Features
- Get detailed report on your backlinks
- SERP checker
- YouTube Keyword Tool Feature
- Amazon Keyword Tool Feature
- Bing keyword tool Feature
- Keyword idea generation
- Detailed view of your link
- Access to ranking related data of a keyword
- Check broken links of a domain
- The difficulty of a keyword
Here is an example of a keyword: “Best Keyword Research Tools”, when viewed from Ahref:
Ahrefs offers four paid plans on each level, starting from $99 to $999. You can see their detailed pricing here.
Moz is my second favourite best keyword research tool with some very powerful features. If you compare MOZ with AHREF, they have many similar features with respect to deep SEO analysis:
- Site auditing
- Tracking your website’s rank
- Analysing your backlinks
- Keyword research tools
- Create a list of keywords and compare them
- Detailed suggestions on keywords
- Keyword metrics
- Custom generation of reports
- Access to search volume of your keywords (monthly)
- Search Engine Results Page – Search Results Page
- Organic CTR – Clickthrough rate
- Difficulty score – Difficulty score
You can find the complete list of products from Moz here.
SEMRush, recently renamed as a “more universal” marketing tool. This is one of the best keyword research tools available on the internet today. If I were to choose from Ahref, Moz and SemRush as a power bundle, I would definitely opt. SEMRush.
SEMRUSH- Best Keyword Research Tools: Features:
- Get a detailed report of your traffic and visitors
- You can also find your competitor’s top keywords
- A detailed report of your new and organic competitors
- Tracking your domain position
- Competitor analysis of advertising budgets and keywords
- Monitoring your ad copies and landing pages in detail
- Localized ad campaigns
- Competitors strategies based on GDN
- Analyze competitors’ ads
- View display ads from different devices
- Audience Look
- Deep-link analytics
- Check backlink types
- Keywords for PPC and SEO campaigns
- Matching Phrases and keywords that are related
- Finding Long-tail keywords
- Checking the difficulty of your keywords
- Finding keywords that have less competition
- Multinational and multilingual information
- Detailed view of your competitor’s website traffic and online performance
SemRush offers four pricing plans at different prices depending on your SEO needs.
Final thoughts: Best Keyword Research Tools
Keyword research is a great place to start when you want to create outstanding content and drive more traffic to your blog, but it cannot be a stopping point.
Intelligent keyword research will tell a lot about the general public, but you need to work hard and develop a clear understanding of who the target audience is.
Who are you trying to attract to the blog, and what are they interested in? If you choose a niche for a blog that interests you personally, you probably have a good idea of what your audience is looking for.
If you are well versed in the target audience, keyword research will gravitate toward things that will attract attention. Now let’s talk about using keyword research to create transformational blog content.
When it comes to content creation, there is some extremely important concept of blogging:
- What personally interests a blogger.
- What the audience wants to read on the blog.
When doing keyword research, keep this important element in mind.
If you don’t want to write about the topic, and the keywords will not resonate with the audience, it really doesn’t matter how popular the terms can be. There are better ideas for blogging. If you had to summarize thoughts about keyword research, that would be so. Keyword research provides an excellent basis for understanding blog content. But the work does not begin and does not end with the search for keywords. Then comes the hard work of creating transformational content. Don’t spend too much time searching for keywords.
Find what seems like the right keywords to drive the perfect audience today, and then create the best content possible to match your search term with that keyword phrase.
The audience (or absence) will soon say if it was a smart key phrase for research.
- Strive to go beyond surface information
- Find new ways to talk about common topics.
- Look for interesting ways to solve your audience’s biggest problems.
- Find creative topics that people want to read about, but other blogs do not provide.
Keyword research is just a stepping stone.
When you know which keywords to write about, create content that really helps people.
TIP: I am sure you might have realised that most of the best keyword research tools are highly-priced, so it might be very difficult for a newbie blogger to get access to those tools. So you can get access to all these best keyword research tools in a bundle package from any group buy service. I highly recommend- Group Buy Seo Tools.
Feel free to share your views in the comment section below, and I will be back with some amazing blogging tips soon.